For a festival that means so much to the Muslims, it is needful to celebrate it in a special and unique way. You just need to plan yourself a bit and go through the tips listed below to make this Eid a special holiday that it really is.
1. Plan beforehand. You can arrange for a family meeting nearly a week ago and decide on what you would do on the Eid day.
2. Talk about Prophet Ibrahim’s sacrifice.
3. Be sure that the menu is decided from beforehand. Try to take into consideration the personal choice of each of your family member. As far as the cooking is concerned, divide the responsibility among all .Make sure that everyone takes a break from their commitments and lends a helping hand.
4. Clean and decorate the home. Everyone should be involved in this. Try to make the house squeaky clean. You can also consider whitewashing the house if the weather permits.
5. Cook something special and removed from what your family normally eats.Eid is a special occasion and the food we eat on that day should also be special and better from our usual meals.
6. Exchange gifts among the family members. There is a fun way of doing this. The name of each one is written on a piece of paper and put in a Kufi.Each person is allowed to pull out one strip of paper. Whoever picks a person’s name has to buy that person a gift.
7. Get your family members new clothes. New clothes add a special charm to any celebration. You can also get the best of your clothes washed and dry cleaned.As you plan for new clothes, find out items that have grown useless. Arrange to sell these items through a garage sale and donate the money raised to a local Masjid or buy Eid gifts for the needy.
8. Share Eid with your neighbors.
9. You can pay a visit to a homeless shelter or food bank and donate your extra Eid food.
10. Make it a point to visit relatives and friends who stays far away.
Enjoy the Eid Day… 🙂